Monday, May 26, 2008

Carmella's Italian Kitchen

Saturday Night I went to Carmella's Italian Kitchen in West Brookfield, with my Wife, Son, and Parents. We arrived around 5PM, and there was no wait.

Appearance: The Building Set right off Route 9 was nothing to be amazed by. There was a fairly good sized lounge with both tables, and a bar. The dining area was a dimly light, but nice and filled with both booths and tables.

Food: Bread and Butter was served to start. Both my Mom and Wife both had the Chicken Parmigiana (10.95) which was a large platter of pasta covered with Chicken Parm, and homemade Sauce, plenty to take home for the next days lunch. My Dad had Carmella's Sausage Special (9.75) which was homemade hot sausage with peppers, onions, mushrooms, potatoes, and eggs, and a side of homemade sauce, which he devoured all of it. An excellent choice. My son had a side of pasta with sauce(6.25), which was more then enough for him. And I had a cup of the beef and vegtable soup(4.25) which was one of the best I have had, and the Lasagna with sausage and meatball(12.50) The lasagna was a bit dry, but very good, the sausage and meatball were both very large, and Delicious.

Value: For classic Italian the prices were quite reasonable. Dinner for 5 came to around $65 with drinks, and most of us took left overs home with us.

Service: The waitress was pleasant, and drinks and the meal were server rather quickly. I did have to wait a bit for a refill on my drink.

I would defiantly recommend Carmella's to people looking for reasonable and good classic Italian food.

Carmella's Italian Kitchen
55 S Maple St (Route 9)
Brookfield, MA 01506
http://www.carmellasitaliankitchen.com/

No comments: