Monday, June 16, 2008

The Cheesecake Factory

Saturday night we headed out to the Burlington Mall to take my Parents to the Rain Forest Cafe for Mom's Birthday, and Fathers Day. Unfortunately once we got seated, we realized that my son was petrified of the place. So maybe some other time you will get a review from the Rain Forest Cafe. We ended up at the Cheesecake Factory, which I have eaten at before, but my parents had not. I Love the place. It was after 6 when we got there, and had to wait about 10 minutes, but well worth the wait.

Appearance: The place is huge, you walk long hallways just to get to the hostess area, which also has a dessert to go area at it. We were seated at a large round booth tucked into a corner, and felt totally secluded which was nice. They have both indoor and outdoor seating.

Food: The menu has something for everyone, it has to be over 6 pages long of entrees alone. You are started off with warm white, and wheat bread while you look over the menu. My wife and Dad both had the Shepard's Pie, a large plate of beef, carrots, mushrooms, peas, and zucchini, cover with red skinned mashed, and gravy. Neither could finish it, but the both kept having another bite well after they said they were full. I was a little shocked that they did not have a children's menu, so my son had the burger sliders. This was 4 mini cheese burgers with fies, and pickles. Needless to say we had leftovers on that too. My Mother went with the Beer Battered Fish and Chips, served with cold slaw, and tarter sauce. Only fries were left when she was finished. I went with the Beef Ribs served with fries, and onion rings. the ribs had 2 different kinds of BBQ sauce on them, and just fell off the bones. They were a bit pricey at 22.50, but well worth it, I took half of them home. We got a piece of snickers chuck cheesecake, and a slice of pistachio chocolate swirl cheesecake to take home, and had the for desert the next two nights.

Value: I think the serving sizes you get for your money are amazing. I think it is impossible to eat your full meal. We all brought something home for lunch the next day. The bill came to $89 without tip and desert. Desert was another $14.

Service: The service was great. My dad had coffee, which was not hot enough, so they made a new pot for him. I was served both a warm wet napkin, and a dry napkin with my ribs. Drinks were promptly refilled when needed.

As I said before I have eaten here before, and I will again. I highly recommend The Cheesecake Factory to anyone.

The Cheesecake Factory
The Burlington Mall
75 Middlesex Turnpike
Burlington MA 01803
http://www.cheesecakefactory.com

1 comment:

Djburns said...

Hey Matt, I haven't been to the Cheesecake Factory in about 15 yrs. You reminded me of how much I liked it. Now that I live so close to it I'm going to go check it out again. I can't beleive you guys were only 10 mintues up the road from my house. If you don't mind coming out this far you really need to check out the "Kowloon Restaurant" on Route 1 in Saugus. They have wonderful chinese food and it's a great experience.

Aunt Donna