Monday, June 16, 2008

TGI Friday's

Thursday night we went shopping at the Shoppes at Blackstone Valley in Millbury, and decided to have dinner at TGI Fridays. We arrived around 6 PM, and were seated right away.

Appearance: Well if you have seen one Fridays, you have seen them all. The music was loud, and the lighting was poor, but overall it was nice. the Usual funky things hanging on the walls.

Food: The menu consisted of all your typical pub favorites, and also had new menu items form the Guy Fieri Ultimate Recipe Showdown. We started off with the Fried Mac N Cheese appetizer, which was just OK to me. I thought it needed some sort of dipping sauce to jazz it up a bit. My son had the pizza and salad off the children's menu. There was a slight waitress mess up with my sons meal, as they served him mandarin oranges instead of his salad, but it was quickly corrected. My wife had the All American Chicken Sandwich which was a crispy chicken sandwich on garlic toast with the normal fixings on it, and it was served with soggy beer battered onion rings. I had the Chipotle Grill Steak Sandwich off the Ultimate Showdown Menu. It was a sliced steak sandwich with lettuce, onion, sweet plantains, and chipotle mayo on a panini bread, also served with soggy rings. The sandwich was excellent though.

Value: The prices are reasonable, and the serving sizes are average. 3 of us shared an appetizer and our meals for under $40. My Son was the only one that brought home leftovers.

Service: The service was nothing to rave about. The hostess was pleasant, but was outside trying to put out a fire in the ashtray. The waitress has the one mess up on our order, and never came back to see how things were, until it was time to bring the check.

Overall I would go back to a Fridays if it was all that was around, or I was looking for a quick bite to eat, but I can not say it is my favorite place to eat.

TGI Fridays
70 Worcester Providence Turnpike
Millbury, MA 01527
http://www.fridays.com

No comments: