Sunday, July 27, 2008

Joey's Bar and Grill

Friday night, I got home from work, and started the grill. We were going to have one of our favorites, grilled pizza. While the grill preheated, I started doing other things, and forgot to grease the grill and the dough stuck, very quickly we had burnt stuck dough. So we headed out, not sure where we were going to eat, and ended up at Joey's. It was around 7 PM, and the bar was full with the Sox Vs Yankee's game on, but there was no wait for a table.

Appearance: Just a small place next to Coes Pond you might not have even noticed if nobody told you about it. The Bar is very nice, with some pub type tables, and the restaurant has a very nice, but casual ambiance to it. I also notice a small patio in the back of the restaurant.

Food: Well lets start with this is not my first time visiting Joey's and I always have a tough time making a decision. While we looked through the menu, we placed a drink order and nibbled on the bread and garlic dipping sauce. My wife had a soda, my Son a Chocolate milk, and I went with a Sam Summer. We decided to start with the deep fried pickles ($5) About 6 half sour spears coated in an excellent batter, served scorching hot with a honey mustard dipping sauce. It too a few minutes until we could even try them. My wife decided to have the BBQ pork quesadilla's ($7)with a Cesar salad($7). The quesadilla's were shredded pork with black beans an corn, and were grilled to perfection, the salad needed more dressing. I ordered the baked haddock($19) off the special menu, and was extremely pleased. The haddock was topped with a crumb stuffing, fresh pineapple, and lobster, and served with mashed potatoes and carrots.

Value: Joey's is a little on the pricey side, but everything is home made, and portion sizes are good. We ate for $52 without tip

Service: As always, the hostess was pleasant, and the waitress was friendly as ever. Dinner usually takes a bit at Joey's as you have time to rest in-between courses. Always a slow relaxing dinner.

Well as I said already, this was not my first time at Joey's, and I am sure it won't be my last. I hope some of you give it a shot, and let me know what you think. Maybe even give me a call on your way, and I will meet you there as it is just around the corner.

Joey's Bar and Grill
242 Mill Street
Worcester MA 01603
508-797-3800

1 comment:

Grylas said...

Good Food
Unfriendly service
"Service without a smile"