Monday, July 7, 2008

Marion's Pie Shop

If you are ever on Vacation at Cape Cod, stopping at Marion's Pie Shop is a must. I found it a few years ago now, on the Phantom Gourmet Hidden Jewel list, and it is just that. A small bakery in Chatham, that is always packed with customers. We stopped there again over this past weekend, and once again, I can;t wait to go back.

Appearance: A very Small Bakery that any local can tell you how to get to. Maybe about 5 cars fit in the lot, but they are usually lined on the side of the street as well. Any more then 6 people in the place at once is a bit much, but more just keep piling into the place.

Food: There are the typical bakery things, danishes, cookies, brownies, cinnamon rolls, but I go for the pies. There are meal pies, and dessert pies. The list is too long to write. This time we tried the Dutch Apple pie (16.95) which has to be the heaviest pie I have ever held. We had some the first night right out of the box, and it was good, but the second night we heated it with ice cream, and OH MY!!! We also tried a small meal pie this time. We went with the Beef Steak Pie (9.95). It was Sirloin tips, Pearl onions, and carrots, and Gravy on the side. The pie came with baking instructions, and the small feed my wife, son, and myself for lunch. It was the most tender meat I have ever had, and was so good, I am already planning my next trip.

Value: A bit pricey for pies, but I feel well worth the money. They are Very filling, and very tasty.

Service: Very Friendly people that work there, willing to answer any and all questions you might have.

So if you are ever in the Chatham area, stop in a try a Pie. Make sure to let me know what you tried, and how it was, so I know if I want to try it next time.

Marion's Pie Shop
2022 Main St
Chatham, MA 02633
http://www.marionspieshopofchatham.com

No comments: