Thursday, July 31, 2008

Sweet

We decided to stop at Sweet to see what they can do for a Fire Truck themed cake for my son's Birthday. They had many of ideas, and are willing to do almost anything we want, from cupcakes, to a 3D cake. Also my neighbor recommended trying their cupcakes, so while we were there we got some cupcakes to try.

Appearance: When you walk in, you are instantly amazed by the cakes, and desserts. Every thing looks amazing. They are still slightly under construction. They are remodeling the back for a dessert bar, where you can relax and watch them make your favorite desserts right in front of you while sipping on a coffee, or cocktail.

Food: Well they have cakes, cupcakes, cannolis, and lots of other desserts to choose from. We decided to try some cupcakes. My wife went with the Jumbo Red Velvet, excellent moist cake covered in wonderful frosting. I had a tough time deciding between the Funky Murphy, the Peanut Butter, and the Margarita cup cakes, and in the end decided on the Funky Murphy which had Guinness in it. You could actually taste the Guinness, it was the best cupcake I have ever had.

Value: The jumbo cupcakes are 2.75 each, and are so big I could barely finish it. But don't worry, I did finish it, and my wife's too.

Service: We were waited on by the owner, who was very helpful. She gave many of ideas for my sons birthday cake, and then helped us choose our cupcakes.

We are planning on getting mini cupcakes for my son's party so most of you can try them then, but if we don't see you, i highly recommend going to get some for yourself.

Sweet Pastry Shop & Dessert Bar
305 Shrewsbury Street
Worcester, MA 01604
http://www.sweetworcester.com

No comments: