Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Brew City

Last Monday night we decided to head to Brew City to use the gift certificate I bought though Citadel Broadcasting Feed me Friday Program (http://cbwma.incentrev.com/). I got a $50 gift certificate for $15.

Appearance: Brew City has been around for quite a while. They have a nice bar, and small restaurant area, and some tables located outside right on Shrewsbury Street. The Tables have some cool designs on them, and they are always doing some sort of promotions of different beers.

Food: I started off with a Shipyard IPA (the Beer of the Month) which got me a raffle ticket to Thursday nights drawing to win Jimmy Buffet tickets. For an Appetizer we went with the Soft Bavarian Pretzel Sticks, Classic oven baked pretzels served with a trio of sauces; their own stone ground beer mustard, spicy cheese dip and a Ranch dressing. They were excellent. My Wife decided on the Pulled Pork Sandwich served with fries, coleslaw, and corn bread. This is not the first time she got this here, and she keeps going back for it again. My son ordered the chicken fingers and fries which were average, and I went with the Grilled Guinness Meatloaf, served with mashed potato, and onion rings. It was good, but not enough of the Guinness gravy.

Value: I don't feel that their prices are that bad. Appetizers average around $8, Sandwiches average around $9, and dinners range form $10-$20. Our meal came to around $40, and I just left the $50 certificate.

Service: Usually service is great, but this time we did not get the best waitress. She was not bad, just slow, so getting things as needed took some time.

I love Brew City, and would defiantly recommend it to anyone. Great place to meet some friends and have a good time.

Brew City
104 Shrewsbury St
Worcester, MA 01604
http://www.brew-city.com

No comments: