Sunday, October 5, 2008

Boynton Resturant

Last Weekend we went out for lunch with my parents to the Boynton in Worcester. I have not been there since I was a kid, and the place had been completely renovated since then.

Appearance: Set on Highland St, they have a small parking lot. The inside has your typical pub look to it. The bar is Huge to accommodate the college crowd they get there. We saw a group of college Girls enjoying the Bucket at the bar. The Bucket is on the idea of a scorpion bowl, but served in a beach pail.

Food: They have a decent selection of Pub fare, and they also have a pizza parlor attached to it, so pizza is commonly ordered. My mom and wife went with the lunch special Soup and Sandwich. A Cup of Chicken rice soup served with a good sized BLT and fries. My Farther had the Ruben which was good in size, but was dry, also served with fries. I enjoyed the God Farther off the specials. It was a BBQ shredded beef pannini with spinach and roasted red peppers served with crispy onion rings.

Value: I felt the prices were average for what you got. Lunch cost us about $40 with a tip for the 4 of us. appetizers range up to $10, Dinners Range up to $20.

Service: We waited about 10 minutes for a table at lunch time on a Saturday, so they do quite a business. The service was slow but pleasant.

I would defiantly go back if I was looking for pub type fare. There desserts looked appealing also.

Boynton Restaurant
117 Highland St
Worcester MA 01609
http://www.boyntonrestaurant.com/

No comments: