Tuesday, January 13, 2009

New England Soup Factory

Last weekend I was out in the Newton area shopping with my wife and mom, and we decided to check out the New England Soup Factory for lunch.

Appearance: The Soup Factory is located in a small outside strip mall in Newton. A very small dinning area shows they do mostly takeout. There are a few tables, and a counter to eat at. You order at a Deli style counter.

Food: The menu mainly consists of Soups, Sandwich's and Salads. My wife tried a soup and sandwich combo. For the soup she chose the Hearty Italian Beef Stew, and for the sandwich she chose the Hamlet (Thinly sliced Black Forrest Ham on chewy rustic bread with baby greens, cheddar cheese and spread with homemade honey apricot mustard). The Beef stew was the best we have ever had, and the sandwich was OK, the bread was just as described, Chewy. My mom decided to try the Chicken Pot pie which was to die for. For myself, I ordered another soup and sandwich combo consisting of the Corn and Clam Chowder, and the Classic Chicken Salad (Classic chunky chicken salad sits on top of chewy rustic bread with baby greens, sliced tomatoes and topped with a couple sweet pickles.) I was very pleased with both my soup and sandwich.

Value: Soups start around $5, Sandwich's start around $4, and Salads around $4. Combos ran us around $9 each. I felt for the excellent quality of home made soups the the value was great.

Service: The counter help was pleasant, but rushed you as they were very busy.

If you like soup, and are ever in the newton area, i would strongly recommend that you stop in the New England Soup Factory.

The New England Soup Factory
244 Needham Street
Newton, MA 02464
http://www.newenglandsoupfactory.com

No comments: