Monday, April 13, 2009

Canyon Cafe

So it been a little while since my last post, and that is because my wife and me have recently had our 2nd Child. A little girl named Hannah. So this will most likely slow down my eating out, but I will try every chance I get to try some place new, and keep posting reviews.

This Past Friday I went out to lunch with a friend that I have not seen in many of years now, and recently made contact on Facebook. She chose Canyon Cafe in Westboro to meet. I have actually driven by this place millions of times, and never thought to check it out.

Appearance: Canyon Cafe is located right in Rt 9 in Westboro, almost directly behind Harry's. The dinning area was full of booths and tables with a water fall type of fountain in the middle. It has great decor and a fun hip atmosphere.

Food: You are started off with very good homemade tortilla chips, and salsa while you look through the menu. My friend having been there before knew right off the bat that she was getting the Black and Blue Quesadilla (Blackened steak served in a crisp flour tortilla with onion marmalade and Monterey Jack & Bleu cheese. Served with tomatillo-avocado salsa, chipotle sauce), which she has had before and loved. I chose the Chicken Chimichanga which is a deep fried Burrito, served with rice and beans, and it was delicious. Next time I want to try an appetizer

Value: I thought the prices were average. Our lunch came to $30 for the 2 of us, and we both left full.

Service: The service was great, nothing to complain about at all. We were seated quickly, food arrived in a timely fashion, drinks were never empty. What more could you ask for

I would most defiantly put Canyon Cafe on my list of places to go back to

Canyon Cafe
153 Turnpike Rd
Westborough, MA
http://www.canyoncafe.com/

Canyon Cafe on Urbanspoon

No comments: