Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Fireflys

A while ago, my wife and I had a date night, consisting of dinner, movies and dessert. We chose Fireflys in Marlborough for our dinner. The movie choice was hers, and we saw Ghost of Girlfriends past (it was OK for a chick flick). Then off to Sweet in Worcester for dessert.

Appearance: Fireflys defiantly has that BBQ feel to it when you walk in. There is a wall of Hot Sauces to choose from, including one locked in a case with a waiver form to fill out to use it. There is a small salad/snack bar to get while you wait for your food.

Food: We were started off with a bowl of excellent cucumber salad while we went over the menu. We then decided to start off with the Loaded chips ( homemade chips topped with pulled pork,melted cheddar, jalapenos and coleslaw and topped with sour cream) and what a great choice it was. My wife ordered the Sirloin tips, and liked the cucumber salad so much she chose that as a side. I went with Fried chicken and ribs combo. I chose the Memphis sauce, and enjoyed every last bite of my meal.

Value: For good BBQ food, our bill was around $50 which i thought was very reasonable for the size of the portions. I was so full, I did not want anything when we were at the movies.

Service: The service was great. As we had never been there before, the waitress went over everything with us. She was very pleasant, and keep drinks full.

I would recommend Fireflys to anyone looking for some good BBQ food.

Fireflys
350 East Main Street
Marlborough, MA 01752
http://www.fireflysbbq.com

1 comment:

Brian said...

I agree about the food there. Rose and I hit the Sunday brunch buffet. Awesome. I was so stuffed, I didn't need supper. I highly recommend, too.