Thursday, August 13, 2009

Mezcal Tequila Cantina

Last night I got home form work, and My wife said lets go to Mezcal for diner. Who am I to argue such a great idea. And besides this is probably our last chance to get out during Worcester Restaurant Week.

Appearance: Mezcal is located right on Shrewsbury Street in Worcester, and has outside sidewalk seating. When you enter there is a small bar area to your left, and a small dining area to you right. I also noticed another dining area located upstairs. All tables and lined with brown paper, and have a bowl of fresh avocado's on them. There is a guacamole bar right in the restaurant where you can watch the guacamole being made.

Food: We have been here before, and really liked it. This time we ordered off the Restaurant Week Menu. It was not a very large menu, so we chose opposite each other to try all they had offered.

For appetizers we had Fried jalapeno & jack cheese rice balls with chipotle lime aioli (Very Good), and Made to order guacamole with fresh tortilla chips. I love there guacamole, it is a must have when you visit Mezcal.

For the main course my wife chose the Chicken Quesadilla, and could not even put a dent in the amount she was served. I went with the Blue corn crusted tilapia over bbq pinto beans with
bacon & spinach topped with creamed corn sauce & mini cheese quesadilla. OMG it was so good!! My son got the Kids Cheese Quesadilla's with about a pint of sour cream.

The dessert was Coconut crusted fried ice cream with strawberry sauce, whipped cream & shaved chocolate. It was excellent, though I did have to send back the first one as it had no ice cream in it. But I had a new, and lager one within minutes.

Service: Great service!! Our waitress was very pleasant. Food came promptly, and hot. The dessert error was quickly resolved.

Value: I think the value is great. Excellent Mexican food with large portions. How can you go wrong! And once again the Guacamole is the best value.

Obviously I would recommend Mezcal to anyone that likes Guacamole, but I would also suggest you give the place a shot even if you don't. Great food!!!!

Mezcal Tequila Cantina
166 Shrewsbury St
Worcester, MA 01604
http://mezcalcantina.com/

No comments: