Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Fat Cat


Last week I took a road trip to Quincy to check out my Brothers apartment, and grab some good grub with him. It was between Fat Cat, and Blue 22 Bar and Grille. Chris made the decision, and Fat Cat it was.

Appearance: Hidden on Chestnut St in Quincy, there it was, a Tiny little building with a big orange awning. Upon entering I first noticed a small bar separated from the dining area by a partial wall. The dining area was very small, but filled up quickly during Lunch time. The lighting was very dim, and there were big black cats sitting up above the restaurant like gargoyles. The Restroom was brown and orange with pebbles poured into the floor giving a really odd feeling to your feet. The sink was a big bowl on top of a vanity, but it oddly all pulled together for a kinda fancy look.

Food: A menu packed with all your favorite apps, and sandwiches along with some entrees. We started off with a order of 10 Fat Cat Wings. after much debate we chose the Qcity Sauce which was a honey sauce with red pepper flakes. They were so crispy and delicious, served with one of the best Blue Cheese dips I have ever had.

Then we moved onto the main course. My Brother chose the Fat Cat Burger and he added Cheddar Cheese, Bacon and Onion rings. When it arrived, we were in awe of how many onion rings there were. I swear he had to eat large order of onion rings to even find the burger on his plate. And to boot the Rings were excellent as he said the burger was too. I had to try one the Gourmet Mac N Cheese's. It was a tough choice, but I chose the Hot Dog Mac, the steak or lobster mac's were front runners, as was the $34 Ultimate Fat Mac. I was very pleased with My choice, perfectly creamy and oilily with large slices of Hot Dog, topped with Panko Crumbs and Tomatoes. And I think for the first time ever, I could not finish my meal it was such a large portion that I brought half home.

Value: Portion sizes were huge!!! Prices very average. We left $40 for lunch, and that was with the tip. The only thing i noticed on the menu that was not a great value was that they wanted an extra $5 for boneless wings. I didn't want boneless, but I thought it was a lot.

Service: The hostess was very pleasant, and seated up immediately upon arrival. She also assisted the waitress by getting drink refills. The waitress was also very nice. I think she was overwhelmed with the lunch rush as in between our wings and meal she asked if she could get us dessert, but it was laughed off, and she was back quickly with our food.

I already have and will continue to recommend Fat Cat to anyone heading to the Quincy Area. Excellent food, great atmosphere!!!

Fat Cat
24 Chestnut St
Quincy MA 02169

No comments: